Featured Article from Software Monetization
Software Monetization: Iritech Increases Sales with SafeNet's Sentinel HASP
If someone steals your hardware, chances are you are going to notice it went missing. However when it comes to intellectual property, hackers could be stealing from you without you even realizing.
As hardware is being commoditized today, high-tech equipment manufacturers need to be ready for this eventual shift of business being based more and more on software, Alexandra Lating of SafeNet’s (News - Alert) software rights management division pointed out in a recent blog post about protecting software and intellectual property.
“For high-tech equipment manufacturers, times are changing,” she said. “It is clear that the inevitable process has begun, hardware is being commoditized and, moving forward, business will be based more and more on software. Are you ready?”
For example, Iritech is a global manufacturer in the biometric authentication equipment and software industry. As one of only two manufacturers of both the biometric equipment and the identity matching software, Iritech knew from the outset that preventing reverse-engineering of its identity matching software would have to be an integral part of its business plan in order to maintain its unique position in the biometrics market, according to the blog post.
Sentinel HASP allows for the use of either software- or hardware-based protection keys to enforce software protection and licensing. With Sentinel HASP, businesses can increase profits by protecting against losses from software piracy and intellectual property theft, and enable innovative business models to increase value and differentiate their products.
In fact, following the implementation of Sentinel HASP Hybrid, Iritech was able to expand globally, increasing sales and revenues.
“The solution also gives Iritech the flexibility to deploy its software in a multitude of ways, as well as manage its global customer base remotely through web-based orders and activations,” Lating wrote. “Instantaneous licensing has helped Iritech maintain a good relationship with its customers by providing one-step electronic activations of the biometric software and the Sentinel HASP protection key at the same time.”
With increased security and flexibility to deploy their biometrics software with hardware or software keys, Iritech is able to maintain its competitive advantage and protect their valuable software from reverse-engineering, according to Travis Jaeger, director of business development for Iritech.
“We are able to increase sales and market penetration because we now have the confidence to sell our products on a wider scale,” Jaeger said. “Before, we basically had to look over their shoulder as they were using the software. Sentinel HASP really gave us the confidence to expand and grow.”
To learn more about how SafeNet Sentinel HASP hybrid licensing solution empowered Iritech to expand markets and increase sales, register for SafeNet’s manufacturer resources kit.
Edited by Peter Bernstein
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business