Software Monetization Featured Article
SafeNet Appoints Dave Hansen as President and Chief Executive OfficerDecember 10, 2012
By Peter Bernstein, Senior Editor
Baltimore-based SafeNet, a global leader in data protection, announced today the appointment of Dave Hansen, as the company’s new president and CEO. Mr. Hansen will also join the company’s board of directors. He succeeds current president and CEO, Chris Fedde, whose 11-year tenure saw the company experience strong global success.
Hansen brings to his new position and impressive track record of creating and executing innovative IT strategies and solutions for the enterprise in the areas of security and cloud services. He comes from BMC Software (News - Alert), where he most recently served as VP and GM. Hansen joined BMC Software through its acquisition of Numara Software, a global leader in service, asset, and mobile device management for IT professionals, where he served as the company’s president and CEO, and was responsible for creating and driving the company’s successful cloud strategy. Prior to Numara Software, Mr. Hansen spent more than nine years at CA (News - Alert) Technologies, where he successfully led the development and execution of CA’s Enterprise Solutions and Cloud Strategy. He also led its Security Business Unit, and had served as the company’s chief information officer.
Dave Fishman, a partner at Vector Capital and a member of SafeNet’s (News - Alert) Board of Directors, said, "We want to thank Chris for the strong leadership that he has demonstrated throughout his tenure at SafeNet. During that time, the company has transformed from a diversified vendor of security tools into one of the industry’s leading, pure-play data protection and rights management companies. Under his leadership, SafeNet significantly enhanced its market leading product portfolios and positioned itself to capitalize on the fast growing data protection for cloud and virtual markets.”
"Dave is a known innovator within the security industry that brings strong strategic and execution skills, a proven ability to lead high performing management teams and a successful track record of driving growth for multi-national corporations" continued Fishman. "We look forward to working with Dave and believe that his leadership and strong operational expertise will build upon SafeNet’s culture of innovation and help drive SafeNet’s evolution and growth forward."
Mr. Fedde, for his part, noted that: "I have enjoyed the opportunity to work at and lead SafeNet over the past eleven years. I am proud of all that we have accomplished, particularly the company’s transformation into an industry-recognized data protection market leader. SafeNet is a company with tremendous opportunities and I look forward to its continued success."
Mr. Hansen is looking forward to his new responsibilities. “SafeNet has undergone a tremendous transformation over the past five years, and is uniquely positioned to solve the most complex security issues facing CIOs and CSOs today,” Hansen said. “With SafeNet’s market-leading data protection and rights management portfolios, and the recent introduction of game-changing cloud and virtualization products, the company is set to lead the way in securing access and data for the cloud and from the cloud. I’m very excited to join SafeNet and I look forward to working with SafeNet’s talented team to further build upon the company’s momentum, and continue to deliver strong value to customers and drive growth across the company.”
Given the immense importance to enterprises of providing best-in-breed risk mitigation capabilities, the need to have impeccable compliance with a growing list of regulations and corporate governance issues, and the need for software developers to have secure and easy-to-use online solutions for all aspects of software monetization, Hansen is joining SafeNet at a critical time as enterprises become more data center and applications driven. SafeNet’s SafeNet Data Protection Solutions and SafeNet Software Rights Management solutions are globally recognized as category leaders.
TMCnet joins the SafeNet family in wishing Mr. Fedde well and looks forward to covering the next chapter in the company’s continued growth.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Brooke Neuman
Software Monetization Resource Center:
Learn about these core elements to a complete software monetization strategy:
- Case Study: Iritech increases sales, secures its competitive edge, and flexibly expands into new markets using hybrid instance of Sentinel HASP
- Webcast: How to Sell More Software Using Trialware
- White Paper: Addressing New Challenges in Software Protection with .NET
- White Paper: From Hack to Counterattack: A Guide to Protecting Software Products Against the Top 8 Piracy Threats
- White Paper: Understanding White Box Cryptography
- Webcast: 7 Traits of Licensing Champions
- White Paper: How to Get SW Licensing Right the First Time
- White Paper: Build vs. Buy
- Video: Software Monetization in the Cloud: Navigating the Top 6 Cloud Blocks
- Video: Introduction to Cloud Licensing
- Webcast Series: Let's Do It In the Cloud (2011)
- Webcast Series: Navigating the Cloud (2010)
- White paper: Best Practices for Transitioning On-Premise Software Business to the Cloud
- White paper: Cloudy with a Chance of Insight: An ISV's Guide to Customer Usage Data Collection and Analysis in the Cloud
- Report: Frost & Sullivan Global Software License Management Market Report 2011
- White Paper: SafeNet and IDC Present a Lifecycle Approach to Software Licensing and Entitlement Management
- Case Study: Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems
- Video: Software Licensing Operations
- Video: Cleaning up the Back Office
- Case Study: Vero Software Simplifies Distribution and Reduces Costs with Sentinel RMS
Try Sentinel HASP FREE today!
Download your FREE Developers kit Now!
For the latest software monetization news, events, discussions, and resources, visit LicensingLive! You’ll hear from software industry thought leaders, gain valuable insight, and stay one step ahead of the trends and changes to our industry.
From on-premise, hybrid, and into the cloud, this is your community. Join us!