Featured Article from Software Monetization
10 Years and No Piracy for Mexican Software Developer TAISA
Zero piracy. That’s the level of product protection most software developers dream about. For the past decade Tecnica Aplicada Internacional S.A. De C.V. (TAISA), a Mexican software developer, has experienced no incidence of piracy of its product management (PM) software despite selling through a chain of domestic and international distributors including Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina and Spain.
“Today we can say that there is virtually no piracy for our product – in that sense we are completely protected,” stated Pablo Seeliger of TAISA in a recent case study. That’s because they leverage Sentinel HASP, SafeNet’s (News - Alert) unique software licensing solution that combines software- or hardware-based protection keys to enforce software protection and licensing.
“We started with homegrown software protection, but with the passage of time we realized that the solution we had was too simple to protect our software from piracy and losses.”
Not only is the company able to protect its software with complete certainty, but implementation of the HASP keys has allowed the company to create two versions of its software: a single-user edition and an edition for local area networks (LAN) that grants access to up to 10 users. The benefits of Sentinel HASP were immediate.
“Sales after the implementation of HASP increased remarkably, to such an extent that today we could not conceive further developing PM software without HASP,” Seeliger said. In fact, Sentinal HASP has saved the company between 20 and 30 percent of its sales.
The arduous process of creating multiple versions of the product from the same code is also simplified with HASP. As Seeliger explained, “To meet the needs of different clients, we offered multiple software versions, increasing the number of licenses and sales. We could not operate and grow without HASP.”
He added, “TAISA sells its software already protected and licensed with HASP. The user simply runs the protected program according to the license he has.”
TAISA can expand into high-piracy markets with confidence because of HASP, and remote updates make it easy to update software licensing terms on keys in the field. Additionally, Sentinel HASP prevents reverse-engineering of code and offers anti-debugging and code obfuscation technology.
Using SafeNet’s wrapper technology, TAISA is able to easily add protection to its product offerings without having to dig deep into its software code.
Software vendors today face two significant challenges; more efficient and effective monetization and management of their intellectual property, and the protection of their IP. SafeNet’s Sentinel HASP addresses both of these challenges and as TAISA attests, the results are impressive.
Edited by Peter Bernstein
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business