Software Monetization Featured Article
SafeNet Announces LicensingLive! 2013 - Largest Event of Software Monetization ExpertsSeptember 26, 2013
By Peter Bernstein, Senior Editor
Cloud-based software licensing and entitlement is rapidly transforming the way software developers monetize and protect their intellectual property. To gain important insights into the latest trends and best practices, SafeNet (News - Alert), Inc., a global provider of software monetization, will be holding its annual LicensingLive! conference Oct. 9-10, 2013, at The Cypress Hotel in Cupertino, Calif., under the theme “The Evolved Software Experience.” This is a free educational conference and is the largest concentration of software monetization experts under one roof.
Now in its seventh year, LicensingLive! connects software publishers with peers, technology vendors, and industry analysts to discuss the latest software licensing trends, advice, and best practices. The event primarily focuses on business-to-business software, covering on-premise, cloud, and embedded software delivery. This year’s event will focus on the evolution in cloud-based software delivery and what it means to various players in the industry.
“The rise in cloud computing has evolved what enterprise end users come to expect from the software experience,” said Michelle Nerlinger, vice president of marketing at SafeNet. “Cloud computing has had a huge impact on the software business model throughout the industry. End users are learning from their experiences with SaaS (News - Alert) applications, and they want flexible licenses, shorter commitments, usage tracking, and pricing that matches what they’re getting out of the application. Enterprise software consumers are demanding the benefits of a cloud-connected software experience—that’s the focus of this year’s conference.”
LicensingLive! 2013 will feature a variety of presentations from industry analysts, business consultants, and software publishers who will discuss:
- How enterprise software end users’ purchasing, consumption, and experience expectations have changed due to cloud computing, and how this impacts the way software should be packaged, sold, and managed.
- The challenges faced by established software organizations as they try to adapt to the next-generation of enterprise software end users.
- How to implement and manage a hybrid software portfolio, and how to deliver a cloud-comparable software experience with an on-premise application.
- Examples of how software vendors have started changing their business models to remain competitive and win market share with established product portfolios.
- How to monetize software and meet end-user expectations without significant product development work.
- How to successfully leverage usage data to offer flexible business models and fuel business decision-making.
Featured LicensingLive! 2013 Speakers
The list of featured speakers includes:
R. “Ray” Wang, principal analyst and CEO of Constellation Research—author of the popular blog A Software Insider’s Point of View. Mr. Wang will review what end users expect from their software, including multi-device licensing models, cloud-like functionality, flexible payment options, and fast, easy-to-use performance.
Amy Konary, research vice president for software licensing, provisioning, and delivery at IDC (News - Alert)—will discuss the impact that end-user expectations are having on the software industry and how software developers can plan for them.
Joshua Bloom, partner at Simon-Kucher & Partners—will present on software pricing strategies for winning the next-generation enterprise consumer.
In addition, Robert Moul, vice president of planning and strategy with Aveva, and Alvin Wong, Sr., product manager with Logi Analytics, will discuss the factors that drove their organizations to adopt next-generation business models.
LicensingLive! is a unique opportunity for product managers, licensing and pricing experts, engineers and developers, customer satisfaction and support professionals, and people in sales, operations, and manufacturing to join peers to discuss licensing best practices. SafeNet also encourages software developers and anyone involved in business software licensing and entitlement management to join the LicensingLive online community, which provides a network of software licensing experts and industry news.
For more information about LicensingLive! 2013, visit: http://licensinglive.com/event-registration/.
Edited by Alisen Downey
Software Monetization Resource Center:
Learn about these core elements to a complete software monetization strategy:
- Case Study: Iritech increases sales, secures its competitive edge, and flexibly expands into new markets using hybrid instance of Sentinel HASP
- Webcast: How to Sell More Software Using Trialware
- White Paper: Addressing New Challenges in Software Protection with .NET
- White Paper: From Hack to Counterattack: A Guide to Protecting Software Products Against the Top 8 Piracy Threats
- White Paper: Understanding White Box Cryptography
- Webcast: 7 Traits of Licensing Champions
- White Paper: How to Get SW Licensing Right the First Time
- White Paper: Build vs. Buy
- Video: Software Monetization in the Cloud: Navigating the Top 6 Cloud Blocks
- Video: Introduction to Cloud Licensing
- Webcast Series: Let's Do It In the Cloud (2011)
- Webcast Series: Navigating the Cloud (2010)
- White paper: Best Practices for Transitioning On-Premise Software Business to the Cloud
- White paper: Cloudy with a Chance of Insight: An ISV's Guide to Customer Usage Data Collection and Analysis in the Cloud
- Report: Frost & Sullivan Global Software License Management Market Report 2011
- White Paper: SafeNet and IDC Present a Lifecycle Approach to Software Licensing and Entitlement Management
- Case Study: Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems
- Video: Software Licensing Operations
- Video: Cleaning up the Back Office
- Case Study: Vero Software Simplifies Distribution and Reduces Costs with Sentinel RMS
Try Sentinel HASP FREE today!
Download your FREE Developers kit Now!
For the latest software monetization news, events, discussions, and resources, visit LicensingLive! You’ll hear from software industry thought leaders, gain valuable insight, and stay one step ahead of the trends and changes to our industry.
From on-premise, hybrid, and into the cloud, this is your community. Join us!