Featured Article from Software Monetization
TEXA S.p.A Gets Massive ROI from SafeNet Protection
TEXA S.p.A puts a lot of effort behind its intellectual property. The European outfit makes an array of diagnostic devices that can troubleshoot and help fix everything from boat engines to tractors, buses, and trucks.
Not interested in having its intellectual property stolen, TEXA turned to SafeNet for help. After all, this type of diagnostic equipment is hugely complex and the competition is both international and fierce. By eliminating the risk of piracy, TEXA is now making far more money on its software.
This software is an asset well worth protecting as nearly a third of TEXA workers are in research and development. Not to mention that TEXA works with a who’s who of vendors including motorcycle superstar manufacturer Ducati, Benelli, as well as scooter maker Piaggio, Siemens, and Renault Trucks.
The main piece of diagnostic software SafeNet (News - Alert) safeguards is called IDC4, which handles everything from “wired/wireless diagnostics and emission analysis to air conditioning services and measurements,” the company explained.
So where does SafeNet and its software monetization and data protection security solutions fit in? The SafeNet solution blocks both reverse engineering and piracy, while providing customers with a positive user experience and simple activation process.
“The advantage for the end customer lies in the simplicity of installing the hardware key, and in the guarantee of secure and tested software. We can say, so far, that our experience with SafeNet has been very positive,” said Ing. Samuele Zoia, Software Developer Analyst, TEXA S.p.A.
It is not as simple as protecting old-style packaged applications. TEXA sells software on a subscription basis, which are handled via the Internet. TEXA needs to be sure that those trying to use the software are whom they say they are and are fully licensed.
This Internet protection is critical for TEXA’s bottom line. “Without SafeNet Sentinel protection our software would be ‘free of charge’ on the Internet through e-mule or torrent type channels, and we would certainly not have the same number of subscriptions,” said Ing. Mirco Dariol, Senior Software Developer, TEXA S.p.A. “In the past, our applications were protected by proprietary software solutions, however, these did not provide a sufficient level of protection and did not guarantee that we were immune from the cloning of our data.”
Edited by Peter Bernstein
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business