Featured Article from Software Monetization
SafeNet in Gartner Leaders Quadrant for User Authentication for Fourth Consecutive Year
There is no denying the impact that the Gartner (News - Alert) Group and its influential Magic Quadrants for various verticals have on markets. Let’s face it, that position in the upper right and corner (the closer to where the two edges meet the better) LEADER’s quadrant is highly coveted. In fact, in the spirit of last week’s incredibly popular televised revival of the musical Peter Pan and one of its most memorable songs, justifiably landing in the prime position is reason to sing, “I’ve gotta to crow!”
Security solutions provider SafeNet probably is getting used to singing the song at this point. For the fourth year in a row Gartner has positioned SafeNet (News - Alert) in the Leaders Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for User Authentication. And, as the chart indicates SafeNet was positioned in the Leaders Quadrant based on the combination of completeness of vision and ability to execute, the two primary criteria for the report.
Gartner notes that, "While mobile and cloud remain disruptive, buyers continue to give weight to user experience," and expects that "by year-end 2017, about 50 percent of organizations will choose cloud-based services as the delivery option for new or refreshed user authentication implementations, up from about 20 percent today."
"Having an authentication solution that can ensure uniform and scalable secure access from diverse end-points to applications that reside in the enterprise data center, the cloud or virtual environments is key to an enterprise’s security preparedness," said Andrew Young, vice president, authentication product management, SafeNet. "The breadth and delivery of our authentication portfolio helps customers meet these needs and we believe is why Gartner continues to recognize and affirm our position of leadership in the authentication market."
The solutions that have enabled SafeNet to attain and retain its lofty perch with Garter include:
SafeNet Authentication Service: Delivers fully automated, highly secure authentication-as-a-service. Strong authentication is simplified through the flexibility and scalability of automated workflows, as well as support for vendor-agnostic tokens and broad APIs. In addition, management capabilities and processes are fully automated and customizable. The solution enables a quick migration to a multi-tier and multi-tenant cloud environment, protecting all resources from cloud-based and on-premises applications to networks, users, and devices.
SafeNet Authentication Manager: Provides organizations with a versatile platform to manage all OTP, certificate-based, and software authentication solutions, extending across the enterprise to the cloud using a single, integrated system. It also enables organizations to authenticate mobile users with over-the-air certificate provisioning for mobile devices.
There is a popular saying in the IT security industry that identity/authentication is the new perimeter. Thanks to the cloud, mobility and the ability for bad actors to circumvent many if not most legacy security solutions, that statement has become something of an industry mantra. Data needs to be protected end-to-end whether at rest or on the move and it all starts with strong authentication.
Edited by Maurice Nagle
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business