Featured Article from Software Monetization
Software Monetization Solutions and Pricing Flexibility-Perfect Together
For creators of software, licensing and entitlement management of their intellectual property (IP), aka “Software Monetization”, along with its protection from abuse, is how they financially optimize their work. However, optimization is now so much more than software sales, renewals, upgrades and compliance enforcement. It is about finding the price “sweet spot” that compels users to want more.
Whether you are an independent software vendor (ISV), or increasingly a hardware vendor transforming into a services company where premium value comes from software, how to price can be a real challenge. The objective is to optimize revenues and profits but to do so in the context of intense competition and the existence of increasingly knowledgeable and fickle customers who have access to options. It means being able to be flexible with your pricing to keep competitors at bay and customers delighted. In two words, like the title of a recent hit movie, “It’s Complicated.”
It may be complicated, but it does not have to be. Profit maximization is about as mission critical as it gets but that does not mean it is mission unattainable or impossible.
In fact, as the world moves away from physical media delivery of software that is paid for via perpetual licenses to network delivered (increasingly via the cloud) software that is subscription and usage-based, the role of licensing and entitlement management systems has become a key component in software monetization optimization. The visibility new software monetization solutions provide across all “E”vironments—on who is using what, when, where, how and why—is invaluable. Insights gained enable the ability to devise packaging and pricing options which customers can and should find more than merely attractive.
It should be noted that realities are that the shift from up-front licensing models to subscription or usage-based models is not an all-or-nothing proposition. It is an evolutionary process that is picking up steam. The reasons are simple. In order to best serve the diverse purchasing processes and buying needs of customers, sales processes based on insights gleaned from usage that are tailored to highlight choice and flexibility as competitive differentiators are vital for establishing a premium positioning.
How to find that sweet spot is the topic of the webinar, Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage. To be held Thursday, April 14, 2016, 1:00 PM EST/ 10:00 AM PST, you are invited to join me, Joshua Bloom, Partner, Simon-Kucher & Partners and Omkar Munipalle, Director of Strategy and Business Development, Cloud Monetization, Gemalto (News - Alert), for an in-depth look at the key decision points that help companies succeed in leveraging next generation software monetization solutions to implement optimized pricing capabilities.
In an age where there is no alternative to making sure your pricing options fit rapidly changing customer demands and competitive realities, understanding how the value of state-of-the-art software monetization is something that can be key to current and future success.
Edited by Maurice Nagle
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business