Featured Article from Software Monetization
Why Cloud-based Software Licensing Can and Should be the Path to Future Success
There can be no disputing that we live in an increasingly always on/always connected world. In this brave new world, software-centricity has become a major, if not the major, driver of not just current value, but sustainable differentiated value. And, on top of this, has been what I have previously characterized as the next phase of the digital era - “The Age of Acceleration.” It is an age where the only certainties are change and the speed at which it is increasing.
It is an age where a premium will be on the agility to respond rapidly to the preferences of individuals and organizations looking for customized solutions. And, something to keep in mind is that they have access almost instantaneously to information and options. In fact, customers have actionable insights and have proven they are not afraid to use such information, combined with their experiences, to laud those who meet or exceed their expectations and punish those who do not. To paraphrase the famous Marc Andreesen line, software may not be eating the world but those who fail to properly harness it powers will be consumed.
Indeed, driven by all of the big trends we read about almost daily—the cloud (E”verything as a Service), mobility, globalization, social media, security, etc.—getting a handle on how best to accommodate change and optimally monetize the value of all that software that is foundational to almost everything we do personally and professionally has become mission critical. This becomes especially true as we move away from perpetual software license models where software was delivered on physical media.
The facts are that the world is quickly becoming ever cloudier. In the next few years all of the applications and services we use will be cloud-friendly from the start. The vast majority will be accessed through private, public or hybrid cloud environments. The cloud, thanks to software is seemingly eating the world.
In this cloud-driven world, the challenge for creators of software and those who are transforming to make software the centerpiece of their differentiated and sustainable value, is how to best monetize the almost breathless pace of market change. The short answer, considering the need for software providers and their customers alike to have visibility and control over how software is delivered, packaged, priced, updated and used, is having a cloud-based licensing and entitlement solution in place. Such a solution provides the three things software-centric organizations desire to be successful:
- Product differentiation
- Operational excellence
- Customer intimacy
How cloud-based licensing and entitlement management software monetization solutions can help your organization create sustainable differentiated value, be more operationally efficient and effective, and ultimately more loyal customers based on an exponential increase in responsiveness on a variety of fronts, will be the subject of the forthcoming webinar, aptly named, Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage.
Hosted by Gemalto (News - Alert), you are invited to join me, Jeff Kaplan Managing Director, THINKstrategies and Jamshed "Jam" Khan, Director of Professional Services, Gemalto, Tue, Apr 26, 2016 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM EDT, as we delve into how a cloud-based licensing solution can and should be part of your roadmap for future success.
As an added incentive, this will be the first opportunity to get a sneak peak at THINKstrategies about to be released white paper on the subject. We hope you can join us.
Edited by Stefania Viscusi
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business