Featured Article from Software Monetization
Licensing Live! Software Monetization for the NOW Economy
There is little doubt that the world of software monetization, from licensing to entitlement management is in the midst of a critical transformation. It impacts not only software companies and device manufacturers but now also end users as everything is software-centric.
In addition, “E”verything is moving to the cloud and, with the emergence of Internet of Things (IoT), well let’s just say it’s a much more complicated world than it used to be when a license arrived in a disc and you bought it for life. Today it’s about allowing the end users to have access to your application when and where and providing them with the ability to pay for what they use- real time.
Needless to say software monetization continues to evolve and encompasses more and more aspects of a business. For example, a few years ago, very few companies were talking about extending self- service to their customers so that the customers could activate their own licenses, download the latest software and update their information any time. A great customer experience and high customer satisfaction is what will provide the competitive edge.
Being able to understand your customers and delivering the product they want with flexible by pricing creates customer driven value. What does the next generation of software monetization solutions offer so that companies can delight their customers in the NOW economy?
With all of this complexity and dynamism surrounding software and data- the question arises- where can you go to get the best and most up-to-date knowledge on what you should be doing to future proof and grow your business?
In fact, the program for this year’s Licensing Live 2016! has just been released. It means now would be a great time to not just save the dates, November 1– 3, 2016, but to register and ensure you have a seat.
The two and a half day Licensing Live! event is jammed packed with insightful sessions from industry experts.
Presentation highlights include:
- Delivering Software-Driven Value – Amy Konary (IDC (News - Alert)) & Mark Seery. Juniper Networks
- Innovative Software Demands Innovative Licensing– Jeff Kaplan (THINKstrategies)
- Crossing the Licensing Chasm: How to Transition to a Recurring Revenue Model Today – Joshua Bloom (Simon-Kucher & Partners) and Brendan O’Brien (Aria (News - Alert) Systems)
- Don’t Leave Any Money on the Table: Entitlement Enforcement Avni Rambhia (Frost & Sullivan (News - Alert))
- Monetizing Innovation: How Smart Companies Design the Product Around the Price – Madhavan Ramanujam (Simon-Kucher & Partners)
- Monetize the IoT: Show Me the Money – Chris Kocher (Grey Heron)
There will also be product demonstrations, real-life case studies, and a talk by NFL football player Terrell Owens on the connection between the Internet of Things and the NFL. You can view the full agenda and speaker lineup here.
Why not register now. I hope to see you there.
Edited by Alicia Young
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business