Featured Article from Software Monetization
LiscensingLive Wrap-up: A Closer Look at Change & the Now Economy
Last week wrapped up another successful event for Gemalto, dedicated to bringing thought leaders, customers and others in the industry under one roof to listen, network and interact about all the latest in software monetization.
This year’s LicensingLive! at the Juniper Hotel in Cupertino, focused mainly on the overall topic of Change— and more importantly, embracing change as it’s happening.
Change is a major part of our current world. So many new technologies and advancements are making it possible to do things we never dreamed possible. With all of these advancements, though, come challenges like keeping things up and running.
Panelists discussed this in more depth with attendees of the event, and our very own Rich Tehrani (News - Alert) live blogged from the event. Here is a rundown of some of the more important things he blogged about from LicensingLive!
Opening the event was Shlomo Weiss, Senior Vice President, Software Monetization, Gemalto (News - Alert), to talk about shifting from making products to selling value. He gave a quick overview of how he evolved at a young age to understand about charging and value.
This concept, Tehrani blogged, applies to software today.
- What is core value in your offering? How has it evolved?
- How do you capture that value?
The discussion then moved to focus on the Now Economy and how value is tied to it.
Since these companies are all data driven, there is a requirement for near instant provisioning.
But the new, Now Economy, isn’t just for consumers; it’s also transforming businesses as far as how things are monetized.
Talking about things like smart farming and connected healthcare prove just how important data and software are today – and for our future.
For lots more, in-depth play-by-play action from the event, check out the Live Blog HERE.
Edited by Alicia Young
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business