Featured Article from Software Monetization
Gemalto Launches Customizable Channel Partner Portal
Gemalto is introducing a customizable portal that addresses the unique software supply chain needs of its customers. Those customers are companies that sell hardware in which software is a key component, or just pure software.
The Enhanced Partner Portal enables vendors using Sentinel EMS, Gemalto’s (News - Alert) enterprise license and entitlement management backoffice, to offer their channel partners more insight than ever into their customers’ software deployments. One of the biggest advantages of the Enhanced Partner Portal is its customizability.
“In our experience, every software vendor has unique business rules for moving goods through their distribution channel. Our approach was to give software vendors full control over defining their channel experience so we developed a channel partner portal that was 100 percent customizable in terms of branding, workflow and business rules” said David DiMillo, Principal Consultant with Gemalto. “It’s a competitive differentiator.”
For example, some vendors enable distributors and resellers to buy their software in bulk and then sell it in piece parts to customers or others further down the line. However, other vendors require their channel partners to ink software deals directly between the vendor and the end customer so the vendor knows who is receiving the license.
Beyond allowing vendors to set workflow rules for their channel partners, the Enhanced Partner Portal enables them to have control over set visibility rules. By setting visibility rules, vendors can decide whether to give channel partners insight down the supply chain all the way to the end-customer. The Enhanced Partner Portal also gives the vendor the ability to decide whether or not to allow resellers to create new customers with the vendor’s EMS system.
DiMillo went on to add, “We believe the Enhanced Partner Portal hits the mark in terms of out-of-the-box channel functionality. We made it easy for channel partners to search their own software license inventory, transfer licenses to their downstream partners and end-customers, quickly view and report on licenses assigned to their customers and finally, download and activate software on behalf of their customers. Combine all that with the ability for the vendor to customize it for their business and it’s pretty powerful”.
The Enhanced Partner Portal was unveiled at Gemalto’s recent Licensing Live 2016 event and becomes generally available starting next week. It is sold as an addition to Gemalto’s Entitlement Management System.
Edited by Stefania Viscusi
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business