Featured Article from Software Monetization
Software Monetization: Do You Know How Much Your Product is Worth?
Product design and sales are both exciting and important tasks for any company that’s looking to succeed in this ultra-competitive economy. It seems pretty black and white. You come up with a cool idea, think about how you can get it to be made into an actual product and then you sell it and hope consumers are as excited about the product as you are. But there is so much more to it.
Smart companies that are spending more budget money on the planning phases and creating products that meet a market’s needs are seeing more success than those who are flying blindly, hoping someone wants to buy their product. Thanks to tools like software monetization software it has become possible to develop products that better meet consumer needs and that are priced more intelligently.
For software developers and hardware engineers and product managers, software monetization offers the tools to understand what customer segmentations are willing to pay and how a new packaging approach, for example, could influence pricing.
This will be the topic of discussion during an upcoming TMC (News - Alert) webinar sponsored by Gemalto, titled “Monetizing Innovation: How Smart Companies Design the Product Around Price,” happening Wed., Jan. 18 at 1p.m. EST.
The webinar will feature consulting firm Simon-Kucher & Partners, a global consulting firm that has developed software monetization principles. The company’s own Madhavan Ramanujam, a monetization and pricing expert, will talk with attendees about the model for successful monetization and how companies can design their products around price.
Edited by Alicia Young
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business