Featured Article from Software Monetization
Sentinel Workshops Provide Custom Consulting Services for SMEs
Software licensing and monetization is a tricky prospect for any business in today’s complex technology economy. A comprehensive approach is required to ensure businesses are getting the most return from their software solutions and that their customers are gleaning the most satisfaction and value.
Gemalto (News - Alert) specializes in solutions to help businesses navigate the licensing system and integrate new practices within existing infrastructure and operating procedures. One of the key components and differentiators of Gemalto’s approach is its extensive consulting portfolio, vital to ensuring success throughout the software lifecycle. The company breaks up its services into three main areas based on its Sentinel software monetization solutions.
In addition to Sentinel Training, which provides one to two days of standardized product training courses, the company also offers Sentinel Licensing Consultancy throughout an entire project, both on site and remotely. But one of the most critical components of Gemalto’s consulting services is its Sentinel Workshops, which supply individual guidance for companies over a one- to two-day period.
Designed specifically for SMEs, Sentinel Workshops enable companies to work with a pre-sales consultant to explore and define their specific requirements. This lets businesses pinpoint which solutions will work best for them and figure out the budget and resources they will need to meet their goals. The Workshops also include targeted training and a choice of modules designed to reduce implementation time along with the learning curve for staff. Sessions typically include live presentations, implementation guides, how-tos and best practices tips and conceptual discussions.
What sets the Sentinel Workshops apart is that each one is designed to align with specific business requirements and structures. Gemalto works closely with each customer to define procedures and outcomes, involving certain departments and personnel as needed. The goal is to ensure all company stakeholders understand the opportunities of maintaining a licensing system and can launch and manage the project. This planning stage also ensures costs and implementation times are minimized and that the licensing system can be integrated efficiently and effectively.
The next part of the workshop is the Training Modules portion, consisting of five main components to get companies up and running with their new licensing systems. The Sentinel JumpStart module helps companies install, run and configure their licensing systems and also includes a managed service option to enable cloud-based services. The License Enforcement Consultancy portion addresses all licensing components used by a company’s customers, like monitoring the use of the license in different versions, form factors and models and all of the software components that activate the license.
The Entitlement Management Consultancy module addresses central administration of licenses and rights. The training is designed to help participants understand the process of entitlement management and ensure it is deployed properly. The Development/Proof of Concept module helps businesses draft a concept based on their specific requirements as well as finalize their technical proof of concept. The goal of this portion of the training is to help companies harmonize their technical and businesses needs with the capabilities of Gemalto’s offerings.
And finally, the Migration training module ensures a smooth switch-over to Gemalto’s solution in the most efficient way possible. The training addresses which data, functions and work stages of the existing system will need to be adopted as well as how this will happen practically on both the client and server side. The module will also look into what may be slowing down current performance and require improvement as well as what the nature of enhanced processes will be. Finally, the training will address how improved functions can be used practically and what possible implementation of absent elements will look like.
By offering comprehensive consulting services like the Sentinel Workshops, Gemalto is able to provide clients with a customized training and implementation process designed to meet their specific business and technological needs throughout the deployment and migration process. That level of services is extended to ongoing management and monitoring of the Gemalto solutions, ensuring they continue to meet the needs of specific businesses throughout their software lifecycles.
Edited by Stefania Viscusi
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business