What is LicensingLive?
What is Software Monetization?
You may not have heard of the term Software Monetization before or maybe you have but are unsure of what it means. Most likely you are already embracing some aspect of software monetization but you refer to it as licensing. Since you develop software then you already know that without the ability to protect, package and sell your software, there is no business.
There are a number of critical aspects in a software monetization solution;
- Protecting your revenue and securing your IP to ensure you can sell it and get paid for your investment,
- Remain agile and flexible so you can grow into new markets and introduce new pricing models,
- And improve operational efficiency by automating the back office for reoccurring revenue and keep your customers happy
Implementing a comprehensive software monetization strategy that allows you to protect once, deliver many and evolve often will provide you with a solution that offers agility, flexibility and scalability to future proof your business.
Latest Articles from Software Monetization
It has become one of the major trends of our increasingly connected world. Hardware vendors are in the midst of transforming their businesses from shipping boxes to delivering value-added software and becoming applications and solution providers. The reason is simple. Hardware has become a low-margin commodity, and it has become apparent that the value of these hardware devices will be in the information they transmit. This is true in IoT deployments in particular, where it really is all about the data; real-time or for sophisticated analysis. The driver for this value transformation is in being able to create new services and strengthen relationships with customers.
Cloud, virtualization, mobility, and the Internet of Things (IoT) are causing disruptions and transformation. The most important aspect driving transportation is software and that's due to the flexibility software provides in defining features to differentiate products. Regardless of the vertical market but in particular, traditional hardware-based businesses, the next generation value is going to be created and sustained by the software.
We are all constantly getting information on how the advent of billions of connected devices is transforming daily life. In fact, Cisco has forecast there will be 50 billion connected devices by 2020, and Gartner is projecting over $300 billion in revenues, just for the suppliers of IoT devices. Within five years, estimates are that one million devices will be brought online every hour.
It's Not Just About Licensing Anymore: Cloud-Based Software Licensing Enhancing Efficiency, Customer Experiences, and Competitiveness
A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of moderating an extremely insightful webinar, Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage. I was joined by Jeff Kaplan Managing Director, THINKstrategies and Jamshed "Jam" Khan, Director of Professional Services, Gemalto, who talked about the reasons why cloud-based software licensing is the path to any organization's future success.
Here is a question for readers. "Do you believe that next generation value creation and the ability to establish and sustain differentiated competitive advantage is going to be heavily reliant on software?"
LicensingLive! 2016 is coming back to The Juniper Hotel in Cupertino, CA. on
Nov. 1-3, 2016.
We have assembled a variety of industry experts and senior leaders who will share their experiences and insight on how they are solving some of the most pressing software monetization challenges and how they are embracing the NOW economy. Register today to guarantee your seat.
Who Should Attend?
Business leaders who want to gain a competitive edge and explore uncharted business opportunities.
Software developers. Hardware engineers who want “things” to be connected, intelligent, and adaptive.
Product Managers and Execs looking for new ways to package, price new products and understand how their products are being used by their customers.
Executives ready to embrace the central role of Software Monetization for Product Leadership, Operational Excellence and Customer Intimacy.
Please keep checking LicensingLive.com often for the latest agenda, speaker announcements and to find out who will be this year’s surprise guest speaker. Click here to Register. If you would like to reserve your room now at the Juniper Hotel we have negotiated a discounted price for you. Just call: 1-800-HILTONS and request to book under “Gemalto – LicensingLive.”
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Hear what others are saying about LicensingLive!
LicensingLive! 2015 - Tom Cramer
LicensingLive! 2015 - Eliza Suzuki
LicensingLive! 2015 - Elise McClintock
LicensingLive! 2015 - Cort Stinnett
LicensingLive! 2015 - Customer Interviews
LicensingLive! 2015 - Frank Schirrmeister
LicensingLive! 2015 - Manoj Tharakan
Software Monetization Featured Industry News
TESSCO Reports First Quarter 2017 Financial Results7/21/2016 4:37:30 PM
Biometrics for Enterprise Applications: Doorway to Desktop, Enterprise IT Security, Identify Persons of Interest, Personalized Hospitality/Entertainment, Physical Building Access, and Time and Attendance - Market Analysis and Forecasts7/20/2016 2:36:19 PM
ModusLink Simplifies Subscription and Payment Processing for High-Growth E-Commerce Companies7/20/2016 9:37:28 AM
Monetizing IOT- Insights from Licensing Analysts
Featured Case Studies
- NEW! Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- NEW! Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- NEW! Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- NEW! Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- NEW! Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- NEW! Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- NEW! Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- NEW! Seize the IoT Opportunity
- NEW! Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- NEW! Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- NEW! Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- NEW! More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- NEW! Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- NEW! Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- NEW! 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- NEW! Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- NEW! Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build a Software Monetization System
- License and Entitlement Management in the Era of the Internet of Things
- The Impact of Virtualization and The Cloud on Software Entitlements
- Understanding White Box Cryptography
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- The Four Cornerstones of a Comprehensive Software Monetization Strategy
- Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- Cloudy with a Chance of Insight: An ISV's Guide to Customer Usage Data Collection and Analysis in the Cloud