What is Software Monetization?
The term "software monetization" on its face seems simple. In theory it describes a company's extraction of the fully-appreciated value from the software it creates and sells. However, theory and reality do not always overlap. In fact, regardless of software type, or how it is delivered into the market for commercial use, the ability to optimize the value of software products and services must address a variety of issues. Read more...
Featured Software Monetization Articles
Driving this evolution in software licensing is the move by enterprise IT to virtualize and automate many of their mission critical activities including license management in this new environment. That said; virtualization is not new. Since its infancy less than a decade ago, virtualized servers are already being launched by most organizations, and they are looking to virtualize even further. However, while network virtualization helps enterprises reduce costs, it also poses a challenge for ISVs who have traditionally relied on the ability to bind licenses to something physical in order to control access to their software.
As independent software vendors (ISVs) struggle with all of the changes that are rapidly altering almost every aspect of the way in which they do business, of top concern is whether the protection of their intellectual property (IP) is optimized for the realities monetizing their efforts. SafeNet's Rana Gupta recently wrote an insightful blog post on this subject.
Software licensing has never been easy, but in this world where IT shops must manage on-premise installations, cloud applications and mobile and thin client access, it is a whole lot tougher.
SafeNet gets Frost & Sullivan Market Share Leadership Award for software licensing and entitlement management.
For the latest software monetization news, events, discussions, and resources, visit LicensingLive! You’ll hear from software industry thought leaders, gain valuable insight, and stay one step ahead of the trends and changes to our industry. From on-premise, hybrid, and into the cloud, this is your community. Join us!
Software Monetization Industry News
Software Monetization Resource Center:
Learn about these core elements to a complete software monetization strategy:
- Case Study: With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies
- Case Study: Iritech increases sales, secures its competitive edge, and flexibly expands into new markets using hybrid instance of Sentinel HASP
- Webcast: How to Sell More Software Using Trialware
- White Paper: Addressing New Challenges in Software Protection with .NET
- White Paper: From Hack to Counterattack: A Guide to Protecting Software Products Against the Top 8 Piracy Threats
- White Paper: Understanding White Box Cryptography
- White Paper: The Four Cornerstones of a Comprehensive Software Monetization Strategy
- Webcast: 7 Traits of Licensing Champions
- White Paper: How to Get SW Licensing Right the First Time
- White Paper: Build vs. Buy
- White Paper: Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- Video: Software Monetization in the Cloud: Navigating the Top 6 Cloud Blocks
- Video: Introduction to Cloud Licensing
- Webcast Series: Let's Do It In the Cloud (2011)
- Webcast Series: Navigating the Cloud (2010)
- White paper: Best Practices for Transitioning On-Premise Software Business to the Cloud
- White paper: Cloudy with a Chance of Insight: An ISV's Guide to Customer Usage Data Collection and Analysis in the Cloud
- Report: Frost & Sullivan Global Software License Management Market Report 2011
- White Paper: SafeNet and IDC Present a Lifecycle Approach to Software Licensing and Entitlement Management
- Case Study: Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems
- SAUTER Implements Sentinel EMS and RMS to Standardize their Licensing Strategy and Automate Back-Office Processes
- Video: Software Licensing Operations: Cleaning up the Back Office
- Case Study: Vero Software Simplifies Distribution and Reduces Costs with Sentinel RMS