What is LicensingLive?
What is Software Monetization?
Software monetization means the adoption of strategies and solutions that increase and maximize your profitability, protect your software and intellectual Property (IP), enforce entitlements and enable product management to deliver new packaging, monitor usage and offer new pricing as fast as your users demand and as fast as technology changes.
In order to maximize the value that you derive from your software, your service offering or your devices you need to work with a partner that understands strong security and encryption, offers the most licensing flexibility regardless of the delivery model and understands business transformation. In addition to providing the award winning Sentinel solutions, Gemalto’s also has a wide breadth expertise gleamed over 25,000 installations to develop knowledge and best practices to help you future-proof your business and gain a competitive advantage.
Latest Articles from Software Monetization
We are all constantly getting information on how the advent of billions of connected devices is transforming daily life. In fact, Cisco has forecast there will be 50 billion connected devices by 2020, and Gartner is projecting over $300 billion in revenues, just for the suppliers of IoT devices. Within five years, estimates are that one million devices will be brought online every hour.
It's Not Just About Licensing Anymore: Cloud-Based Software Licensing Enhancing Efficiency, Customer Experiences, and Competitiveness
A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of moderating an extremely insightful webinar, Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage. I was joined by Jeff Kaplan Managing Director, THINKstrategies and Jamshed "Jam" Khan, Director of Professional Services, Gemalto, who talked about the reasons why cloud-based software licensing is the path to any organization's future success.
Here is a question for readers. "Do you believe that next generation value creation and the ability to establish and sustain differentiated competitive advantage is going to be heavily reliant on software?"
There can be no disputing that we live in an increasingly always on/always connected world. In this brave new world, software-centricity has become a major, if not the major, driver of not just current value, but sustainable differentiated value. And, on top of this, has been what I have previously characterized as the next phase of the digital era - "The Age of Acceleration." It is an age where the only certainties are change and the speed at which it is increasing.
While there is much discussion as to what actually constitutes the Internet of Things (IoT), there can be little doubt that we have entered the on-ramp to a ubiquitously connected "smart" or "smarter" world. It is one where the combination of literally billions of network-aware devices in combination with Big Data and sophisticated analytics will transform almost every aspect of how we leverage software and the information it generates, to improve our personal lives and professional competitive postures. Indeed, industry experts have boldly predicted that the impact of the coming era of IoT will have as great if not a greater impact than the Internet itself.
LicensingLive! 2016 is coming back to The Juniper Hotel in Cupertino, CA. on
Nov. 1-3, 2016.
We have assembled a variety of industry experts and senior leaders who will share their experiences and insight on how they are solving some of the most pressing software monetization challenges and how they are embracing the NOW economy. Register today to guarantee your seat.
Who Should Attend?
Business leaders who want to gain a competitive edge and explore uncharted business opportunities.
Software developers. Hardware engineers who want “things” to be connected, intelligent, and adaptive.
Product Managers and Execs looking for new ways to package, price new products and understand how their products are being used by their customers.
Executives ready to embrace the central role of Software Monetization for Product Leadership, Operational Excellence and Customer Intimacy.
Please keep checking LicensingLive.com often for the latest agenda, speaker announcements and to find out who will be this year’s surprise guest speaker. Click here to Register. If you would like to reserve your room now at the Juniper Hotel we have negotiated a discounted price for you. Just call: 1-800-HILTONS and request to book under “Gemalto – LicensingLive.”
Looking forward to seeing you there.
Hear what others are saying about LicensingLive!
LicensingLive! 2015 - Tom Cramer
LicensingLive! 2015 - Eliza Suzuki
LicensingLive! 2015 - Elise McClintock
LicensingLive! 2015 - Cort Stinnett
LicensingLive! 2015 - Customer Interviews
LicensingLive! 2015 - Frank Schirrmeister
LicensingLive! 2015 - Manoj Tharakan
Software Monetization Featured Industry News
Perforce Names Tim Russell as Chief Product Officer6/29/2016 8:00:48 AM
Research and Markets - Global Security Appliance Market Growth of 11.38% CAGR by 2020 - Analysis, Technologies & Forecasts Report 2016-2020 - Key Vendors: Honeywell Security, Tyco, ALL-TAG6/28/2016 12:10:24 PM
NCR Launches Latest Version of Authentic for Transaction Processing6/23/2016 10:37:57 AM
Monetizing IOT- Insights from Licensing Analysts
Featured Case Studies
- NEW! Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- NEW! Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- NEW! Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- NEW! Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- NEW! Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- NEW! Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- NEW! Seize the IoT Opportunity
- NEW! Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- NEW! Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- NEW! Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- NEW! More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- NEW! Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- NEW! Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- NEW! 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- NEW! Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- NEW! Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build a Software Monetization System
- License and Entitlement Management in the Era of the Internet of Things
- The Impact of Virtualization and The Cloud on Software Entitlements
- Understanding White Box Cryptography
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- The Four Cornerstones of a Comprehensive Software Monetization Strategy
- Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- Cloudy with a Chance of Insight: An ISV's Guide to Customer Usage Data Collection and Analysis in the Cloud