What is Software Monetization?
The term "software monetization" on its face seems simple. In theory it describes a company's extraction of the fully-appreciated value from the software it creates and sells. However, theory and reality do not always overlap. In fact, regardless of software type, or how it is delivered into the market for commercial use, the ability to optimize the value of software products and services must address a variety of issues. Read more...
Featured Software Monetization Articles
TEXA S.p.A, a Euorpean diagnostic device provider gets protection of its intellectual property from SafeNet.
Cloud Bill of Rights Meets Vendor Licensing
R "Ray" Wang lays out Customer Bill of Rights at Safenet LicensingLive! software monitixation event.
SafeNet LicensingLIve! 2013 highlights the transformations taking place in software monitization.
It is no secret that enterprise IT departments have concerns about their end users availing themselves of popular third-party, cloud-based content services such as Dropbox. In fact, this phobia has become so widespread that it has a name, "The Dropbox Effect." Yet, despite these fears and IT warnings, as BYOD continues to proliferate in enterprises and lines of business (LOBs) insist on going around IT to get what they believe is content they need when they need it regardless of organization policies and rules, the use of such services continues to grow.
For the latest software monetization news, events, discussions, and resources, visit LicensingLive! You’ll hear from software industry thought leaders, gain valuable insight, and stay one step ahead of the trends and changes to our industry. From on-premise, hybrid, and into the cloud, this is your community. Join us!
Software Monetization Industry News
Auction-Tracker v7.00 Officially Released To Production
12/3/2013 3:59:14 AM
Software Monetization Resource Center:
Learn about these core elements to a complete software monetization strategy:
- Case Study: With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies
- Case Study: Iritech increases sales, secures its competitive edge, and flexibly expands into new markets using hybrid instance of Sentinel HASP
- Webcast: How to Sell More Software Using Trialware
- White Paper: Addressing New Challenges in Software Protection with .NET
- White Paper: From Hack to Counterattack: A Guide to Protecting Software Products Against the Top 8 Piracy Threats
- White Paper: Understanding White Box Cryptography
- White Paper: The Four Cornerstones of a Comprehensive Software Monetization Strategy
- Webcast: 7 Traits of Licensing Champions
- White Paper: How to Get SW Licensing Right the First Time
- White Paper: Build vs. Buy
- White Paper: Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- Video: Software Monetization in the Cloud: Navigating the Top 6 Cloud Blocks
- Video: Introduction to Cloud Licensing
- Webcast Series: Let's Do It In the Cloud (2011)
- Webcast Series: Navigating the Cloud (2010)
- White paper: Best Practices for Transitioning On-Premise Software Business to the Cloud
- White paper: Cloudy with a Chance of Insight: An ISV's Guide to Customer Usage Data Collection and Analysis in the Cloud
- Report: Frost & Sullivan Global Software License Management Market Report 2011
- White Paper: SafeNet and IDC Present a Lifecycle Approach to Software Licensing and Entitlement Management
- Case Study: Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems
- SAUTER Implements Sentinel EMS and RMS to Standardize their Licensing Strategy and Automate Back-Office Processes
- Video: Software Licensing Operations: Cleaning up the Back Office
- Case Study: Vero Software Simplifies Distribution and Reduces Costs with Sentinel RMS