Embrace the New Norm!
Anytime, Anywhere, Any Device, Any Model Licensing- The New Norm
See Norm Rise Above the Challenges of Software Monetization
What is Software Monetization?
Software monetization means the adoption of strategies and solutions that increase and maximize your profitability, protect your software and intellectual Property (IP), enforce entitlements and enable product management to deliver new packaging, monitor usage and offer new pricing as fast as your users demand and as fast as technology changes.
In order to maximize the value that you derive from your software, your service offering or your devices you need to work with a partner that understands strong security and encryption, offers the most licensing flexibility regardless of the delivery model and understands business transformation. In addition to providing the award winning Sentinel solutions, Gemalto’s also has a wide breadth expertise gleamed over 25,000 installations to develop knowledge and best practices to help you future-proof your business and gain a competitive advantage.
Latest Articles from Software Monetization
There can be no disputing that we live in an increasingly always on/always connected world. In this brave new world, software-centricity has become a major, if not the major, driver of not just current value, but sustainable differentiated value. And, on top of this, has been what I have previously characterized as the next phase of the digital era - "The Age of Acceleration." It is an age where the only certainties are change and the speed at which it is increasing.
While there is much discussion as to what actually constitutes the Internet of Things (IoT), there can be little doubt that we have entered the on-ramp to a ubiquitously connected "smart" or "smarter" world. It is one where the combination of literally billions of network-aware devices in combination with Big Data and sophisticated analytics will transform almost every aspect of how we leverage software and the information it generates, to improve our personal lives and professional competitive postures. Indeed, industry experts have boldly predicted that the impact of the coming era of IoT will have as great if not a greater impact than the Internet itself.
The well-documented facts are that market-leading hardware manufacturers who have transformed into software businesses are out-performing their competitors. In short, thanks to the moves by leading-edge companies, initiated by the rise of the cloud and Software as a Service, we are in the midst of a profound paradigm shift as companies look to capitalize on the move to subscription and usage-based billing. Business models are changing and touching all aspects of the way in which vendors package and price their solutions and customers consume software-based services.
For creators of software, licensing and entitlement management of their intellectual property (IP), aka "Software Monetization", along with its protection from abuse, is how they financially optimize their work. However, optimization is now so much more than software sales, renewals, upgrades and compliance enforcement. It is about finding the price "sweet spot" that compels users to want more.
The reason this is a win/win is that Gemalto solutions allow software providers to protect their intellectual property, better package and price their products and gain a good handle on compliance. Gemalto's software monetization tools also give your customer's detailed insights into what they use, who uses it, how often and a host of other important information. This enables customers to pay only for what they use, and gives them great negotiating capabilities.
LicensingLive! is an annual conference held every October in the San Francisco Bay area where software licensing and monetization champions learn, network and share ideas with Industry thought leaders, product managers software executives and analysists-all under one roof. You’ll return to work with practical information and software monetization strategies you can implement right away.
For the latest software monetization news, events, discussions, and resources, visit LicensingLive! (www.licensinglive.com) You’ll hear from software industry thought leaders, gain valuable insight, and stay one step ahead of the trends, learn about best practices engage, access educational videos, read engaging blogs and connect with other software monetization champions.What is LicensingLive?
This is your community! Join us and engage!
Software Monetization Featured Industry News
Unleashing the Power of IoT: Gemalto Showcases Its Connectivity, Security and Monetization Strategy at IoT World 20165/5/2016 8:39:00 AM
Dave Hansen Named Interim CEO and Board Chairman of OnX Companies5/4/2016 12:15:58 PM
Nurego Unleashes Industrial IOT APP Monetization5/3/2016 8:01:51 AM
Cirba and FIS to Discuss Cloud Optimization Success at CIO Cloud Summit5/2/2016 9:38:41 AM
Monetizing IOT- Insights from Licensing Analysts
Featured Case Studies
- NEW! Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- NEW! Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- NEW! Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- NEW! Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- NEW! Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- NEW! Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- NEW! Seize the IoT Opportunity
- NEW! Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- NEW! Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- NEW! Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- NEW! Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- NEW! 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- NEW! Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- NEW! Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build a Software Monetization System
- License and Entitlement Management in the Era of the Internet of Things
- The Impact of Virtualization and The Cloud on Software Entitlements
- Understanding White Box Cryptography
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- The Four Cornerstones of a Comprehensive Software Monetization Strategy
- Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- Cloudy with a Chance of Insight: An ISV's Guide to Customer Usage Data Collection and Analysis in the Cloud