Software Monetization Featured Article
SafeNet Names Michael Branca as Chief Financial OfficerJanuary 15, 2013
By Peter Bernstein, Senior Editor
New SafeNet CEO and president Dave Hansen is starting to put in place his senior management team with the appointment of Michael Branca to the position of chief financial officer (CFO), effective immediately. Mr. Branca will be responsible for the SafeNet global finance functions, including accounting, financial planning and analysis, controllership, treasury, and tax. He will report directly to Mr. Hansen.
In announcing the appointment, Hansen stated, “Mike’s deep technology background, coupled with his 15-year tenure as both a public and private company CFO, make him an ideal fit for SafeNet (News - Alert)…I’ve had the privilege of working with Mike previously and believe that his financial acumen, operational expertise, and strong leadership skills will be instrumental in helping SafeNet continue its transformation and enter its next phase of growth.”
Mr. Branca succeeds Greg Repas, who served as the company’s interim CFO following the departure of Charles Neral in June 2012. Mr. Repas will continue to serve as SafeNet’s vice president and chief accounting officer.
“The security industry is undergoing a dynamic transformation, and I believe that SafeNet’s market-leading data protection and rights management portfolios are well positioned to capitalize on the growth that lies ahead,” said Mr. Branca. “I am excited to join the company, and I look forward to working with Dave and the rest of the executive team as we build upon the company’s solid financial foundation, and develop a strategy that will accelerate and drive the company’s long-term growth.”
Branca brings an impressive background and set of skills to SafeNet. Not only is he a seasoned and respected finance management executive with public and private companies, but he has deep experience in the software industry. He is joining SafeNet from BMC Software (News - Alert), where he served as vice president, finance, focusing on integration activity. Prior to BMC Software, he spent nearly six years as vice president and CFO of Numara Software, until the company’s acquisition by BMC Software in January 2012. In addition, he has held CFO positions at MTS (News - Alert) Medication Technologies Inc., Trak Communications, Inc., and Reptron Electronics Inc. He began his career at IBM serving 13 years in various senior financial management positions.
Mr. Branca received a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Economics and Management from Cornell University, and a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Scranton.
The addition of Mr. Branca’s experience and expertise comes at a pivotal time in the IT industry. Software monetization and licensing, data protection and the further leveraging of the cloud are at the top of enterprise priority lists around the world. In fact, 2013 is already shaping up as a watershed year. This means tremendous opportunities for companies with solutions that can provide all parts of the electronic commerce community peace of mind as well as valuable actionable business intelligence that enables them to be proactive as well as reactive. If nothing else, SafeNet is off to a fast start to the new year.
Want to learn more about the latest in communications and technology? Then be sure to attend ITEXPO Miami 2013, Jan 29- Feb. 1 in Miami, Florida. Stay in touch with everything happening at ITEXPO (News - Alert). Follow us on Twitter.
Edited by Brooke Neuman
Software Monetization Resource Center:
Learn about these core elements to a complete software monetization strategy:
- Case Study: Iritech increases sales, secures its competitive edge, and flexibly expands into new markets using hybrid instance of Sentinel HASP
- Webcast: How to Sell More Software Using Trialware
- White Paper: Addressing New Challenges in Software Protection with .NET
- White Paper: From Hack to Counterattack: A Guide to Protecting Software Products Against the Top 8 Piracy Threats
- White Paper: Understanding White Box Cryptography
- Webcast: 7 Traits of Licensing Champions
- White Paper: How to Get SW Licensing Right the First Time
- White Paper: Build vs. Buy
- Video: Software Monetization in the Cloud: Navigating the Top 6 Cloud Blocks
- Video: Introduction to Cloud Licensing
- Webcast Series: Let's Do It In the Cloud (2011)
- Webcast Series: Navigating the Cloud (2010)
- White paper: Best Practices for Transitioning On-Premise Software Business to the Cloud
- White paper: Cloudy with a Chance of Insight: An ISV's Guide to Customer Usage Data Collection and Analysis in the Cloud
- Report: Frost & Sullivan Global Software License Management Market Report 2011
- White Paper: SafeNet and IDC Present a Lifecycle Approach to Software Licensing and Entitlement Management
- Case Study: Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems
- Video: Software Licensing Operations
- Video: Cleaning up the Back Office
- Case Study: Vero Software Simplifies Distribution and Reduces Costs with Sentinel RMS
Try Sentinel HASP FREE today!
Download your FREE Developers kit Now!
For the latest software monetization news, events, discussions, and resources, visit LicensingLive! You’ll hear from software industry thought leaders, gain valuable insight, and stay one step ahead of the trends and changes to our industry.
From on-premise, hybrid, and into the cloud, this is your community. Join us!