Featured Article from Software Monetization
Protecting Intellectual Property the SafeNet Way
These days more and more consumers expect things for free. Free e-mail, free credit reports, free software.
But what if you or your company slaved away on a great application only to have prospective customers steal it? And what would that mean for the development of more software? The incentive, the reward, has entirely vanished.
On Tuesday, September 17th I’ll be moderating a Webinar diving into these issues of protecting intellectual property, “How the Software Industry is Evolving to Meet Customer Usage Expectations.”
SafeNet will be joined by noted IDC (News - Alert) analyst Amy Konary who “will discuss how to leverage pricing, packaging, licensing, and usage collection tools and techniques to deliver a truly next-generation software consumption experience without having to re-invent your offering as a service.”
Software licensing has changed greatly over the years. Many programs are still sold on a packaged basis. But more and more we are buying software on either a subscription or usage basis. Fortunately SafeNet can support all these approaches.
But let’s face it. These days more and more end users expect to get software for free, and there are many ways for them to do so. You need to protect your investment so all that programming is worthwhile and you have a clear and profitable path for your future projects.
To keep your software business viable, you must find the right way to protect your software and at the same time make its usage easy for legitimate users. And these days, one of the best approaches is usage-based pricing, which SafeNet can help you implement.
This Webinar and the SafeNet technology are perfect for anyone selling software, and who cares about:
- “Product Management
- Licensing and Pricing
- Engineering and Development
- Customer Support and Satisfaction
- Operations and Manufacturing”
SafeNet has been in the business of protecting software for more than a quarter century, and services a myriad of software vendors and Fortune 500 enterprises.
In fact, the company has more than 25,000 customers.
Besides protecting software, SafeNet offers other software monetization tools. With SafeNet you can insure your company’s transactions are secure. You can also make sure the identities of your users and the software they use stays private. And, when your data gets moved around, SafeNet offers top-notch encryption.
SafeNet takes encryption seriously. The company today employs some 550 engineers specializing in cryptology.
Edited by Peter Bernstein
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business