Featured Article from Software Monetization
SafeNet Recognized as Market Leader by Frost & Sullivan
The software licensing and entitlement management sector is in the midst of a truly transformative period as independent software vendors (ISVs) look to the cloud and enhanced on-premise solutions to better protect, track and monetize their intellectual property (IP). We live in an age of dynamic change, and in many ways this market is one of the indicators of just how fast things are evolving.
Knowing where to turn and who the recognized leaders are in the market is valuable knowledge for ISVs seeking capabilities and best practices that allow them to automate back office tasks, secure their IP, assure license compliance and rapidly and accurately monetize their efforts. Clearly one place to turn is software licensing and entitlement management solutions provider SafeNet, as has been acknowledged by research firm Frost & Sullivan (News - Alert) who has awarded SafeNet its Market Share Leadership Award based on the company’s commitment to the core business-to-business market, and its focus on the emerging cloud and embedded markets.
"We continue to strive to deliver innovative new software monetization products and services that meet the evolving needs of our software customers as they navigate the changing market dynamics,” stated Shlomo Weiss, general manager, software monetization, SafeNet (News - Alert).
The competitive software licensing and monetization market
From a competitive perspective where SafeNet stands in relationship to competitors according to Frost & Sullivan is depicted below. Factors considered for positioning on the chart included:
- Current market share by revenue – The size of the company’s circle, and its X axis coordinate, correlate to the current size and strength of the vendor’s market position. The higher the market share score, the more dominant the company is in the market at the present time.
- Relative strategic excellence – The company’s position on the Y axis correlates to its strategy score, which is computed based on factors specific to the target market. The higher a vendor’s strategy score, the more likely it is to outperform the market and grow market share.
The SafeNet difference
In presenting SafeNet with the leadership award, Frost & Sullivan highlighted several key reasons for SafeNet’s continued market dominance in 2013:
- SafeNet accounted for more than half of the worldwide revenues for the software monetization market, leading in regional EMEA, APAC and North American markets.
- SafeNet’s groundbreaking Sentinel Cloud® demonstrates SafeNet’s commitment to delivering licensing solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers.
- In the business-to-business market segment, SafeNet provides an end-to-end software licensing solution, and accounts for more than 75 percent of revenue in the hardware keys segment of the monetization market.
- The company’s innovations – including AppOnChip within Sentinel Envelope in its Sentinel License Development Kit (LDK) offering – demonstrate the company’s commitment to research and development and to delivering value to its customers.
- Sentinel RMS Embedded was recognized as the best-in-class embedded software monetization solution.
- SafeNet’s professional services organization complements the company’s software monetization offerings and helps shorten sales cycles by increasing stakeholder buy-in and reducing project risk.
- SafeNet continues to deliver a trustworthy solution with strong brand perception and sustained market share leadership.
Frost & Sullivan cited a few areas in detail as to why they see SafeNet as continuing to lead the market and remain anchored high in strategic excellence. It noted the company’s efforts in the current B2B part of the software monetization market as well as its pushing the envelope in the larger and emerging embedded segment and described SafeNet’s Sentinel Cloud product as “groundbreaking.”
“SafeNet has strategically expanded its product line to keep up with the changing software monetization market, while maintaining excellence in products and services that serve traditional segments,” said Avni Rambhia, industry manager, Frost & Sullivan. “Through continued excellence in terms of features, security and support for a broad range of use cases globally, SafeNet continues to maintain its leadership across the software monetization market.”
Edited by Peter Bernstein
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business