Featured Article from Software Monetization
Licensing Live! 2014-Software Monetization in an Always On/All-ways Connected World
It has already been quite an exciting year in the software licensing and entitlement management arena. The appreciation by independent software vendors (ISVs) of the value associated with high visibility and rich context software monetization solutions is rapidly picking up speed. The ways in which software licensing is helping transform not just the manner in which software is created, delivered and consumed, but also how it is packaged, monitored and sold, have been profound. More so, with regard to renewals, compliance and security, it is not just the ISVs who are enjoying improvements in their businesses, but also their customers who are reaping huge benefits as well.
All of the ramifications, challenges and opportunities related to licensing, are the topics of this year’s SafeNet’s Licensing Live! 2014. The annual free software monetization event is being held October 21-22 in Cupertino, Calif., at the Cypress Hotel. I am sure you are going to not only mark your calendars, but already want to make your reservations.
This year’s theme, ‘Is Your Software Monetization Strategy Ready for the Connected World’, could not be more timely or relevant given how quickly the software business is growing and changing. You should definitely be present to hear from the industry’s foremost and internationally recognized analysts and subject matter experts, while meeting up with colleagues and product experts in the field.
Subjects to be discussed in detail include:
- Revenue opportunities in the top 10 licensing and packaging trends
- Application delivery in the IoT
- The Sharing Economy – matching what end users want and what drives revenue
- Real life case studies that focus on challenges and solutions
- Round table discussion moderated by Rhianna Collier, Vice President, Software Division, SIIA
Speakers already scheduled to speak include software industry luminaries: Amy Konary, Research Vice President, Software Licensing, Provisioning, and Delivery; Ray Wang, Principal Analyst and CEO, Constellation Research; Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director, THINKstrategies; Simon Kucher & Partners; and Rhianna Collier, Vice President, Software Division.
While such events are always fun and valuable for networking, content is always king and increasingly, context is a strong heir to the throne. Take advantage of both content and context with an educational and informative workshop schedule, meetings with SafeNet (News - Alert) senior management, the Customer Connect event, and some motivational speakers.
During the workshops, learn how to build and sustain a world-class and profitable ISV. During Customer Connect, meet other SafeNet customers and product managers in an open discussion on product features, and take advantage of the opportunity to influence the product roadmap.
Sessions for Licensing Live! 2014 include:
- Entitlement Management: Operational Efficiency
- The Building Blocks of a Licensing Project
- Extracting the Full Value of a New Product Launch: Packaging and Pricing
- Leveraging Cloud for Anywhere, Anytime Licensing.
Major ISVs are looking for how to have visibility and control over legacy on-premise software licensing and entitlement capabilities and perpetual licenses, while transitioning to cloud-based and hybrid solutions that leverage subscription-based service models. New cloud-centric ISVs are seeking solutions that are friendly to the installed base of solutions, even as they take full advantage of what the cloud has to offer in terms of business process automation, agility, scalability and security.
In short, as the theme of Licensing Live! 2014 illustrates, everyone is looking to licensing to be a dominant component and strong foundation to both ISV and customer success going forward. The real goal is to make anywhere, anytime licensing the new norm, and to realize the monetization value of licensing and entitlement management as the speed of change drives the world to be more and more software-centric and connected.
Licensing Live! 2014 is the place to be to assure you have the latest insights on rapidly changing technology and trends. I plan on being there, and hope to see you as well.
Edited by Adam Brandt
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business