Featured Article from Software Monetization
Why You Need to Learn More about Software Monetization
The world is moving to the cloud and software, and it’s moving fast. More connected devices are populating our world. And security is of paramount importance. Amid all this change and growing requirements, businesses are working to run as lean as possible so they can lower their risks and maximize their profits while better engaging their customers.
To address all of the above, intelligent device vendors and software companies need software monetization solutions to help monetize their software and grow their businesses. These solutions can allow for automation of marketing and sales for greater accuracy and reduced costs; empower end users to use online self-service to lower customer support costs; protect intellectual property; and support centralized activation and provisioning of software.
As TMC’s Rich Tehrani (News - Alert) noted in a recent article, cloud-based communications and connected licensing allow for business models based on a pay-per-use and subscription basis. That, he added, allows things to be done on the fly, expands the market of a business, and enables customers to consume software according to their own preferences.
“You can generate significantly more revenue if you can correctly price services with a low barrier and offer additional pricing points which exude ‘must have’ value,” Tehrani added.
Enabling companies to activate and provision software applications – whether they live on the cloud or on premises – is also a very helpful capability. It lowers costs, allows for faster time to market, and can improve the customer experience.
To learn more about all of the above, join me, Gemalto’s (News - Alert) Jam Khan, and THINKstrategies’ Jeff Kaplan for the upcoming webinar “A Scorecard for Optimizing Your Software Licensing and Monetization Operations”. The event is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 15 at 9 a.m. Pacific/12 p.m. Eastern time.
Khan is director of professional services for the software monetization division of Gemalto. Kaplan is managing director of on-demand strategic consulting services firm THINKstrategies.
Edited by Stefania Viscusi
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business