Featured Article from Software Monetization
Webinar: Servitization for Software Monetization
The pay-as-you go method is one of the most appealing things about cloud computing. The concept enabled companies without large budgets to accomplish some of the same goals as their larger competitors. The need for large capital outlays is diminished and companies gain access to the capabilities they want, as vendors enjoy the benefits of software monetization.
While we often refer to this method of doing business as pay-as-you-go, the concept is truly servitization and it’s not new. The concept actually revolutionized the aircraft engine in the 1980s. General Electric and Rolls-Royce started selling engine “power by the hour” rather than focused selling on individual engines. Airlines then had better control over their budgets and their cash flows as they paid according to utilization of their planes. It eliminated the need to pay for everything up front.
In the software industry, it can be a challenge to fully leverage the opportunities in software monetization to drive the revenue sustainability needed to be successful. It totally changes the way companies need to manage conversations, licenses and relationships in order to ensure software monetization. Without the right approach, accountability and management, the opportunity could quickly fall short and put the manufacturer out of business.
As more and more professionals are demanding access to servitization and pay-as-you-go models, it’s critical that manufacturers are able to understand the opportunities and challenges so as to overcome the former and embrace the latter. The obstacle there is it can be a blur of information and dos and don’ts that may apply to one area and not the other. How do you make it through the weeds to understand the bigger picture of servitization and how it plays into software monetization?
Fortunately, Gemalto is offering some insights to help along the way. On Tuesday, December 13, 2016 at 11 am EDT, the company is providing a live webinar, What is Servitization in Manufacturing and Why Should Manufacturers Care? featuring Dr. Mohamed Zaki, Research Associate at Cambridge Service Alliance and Andreas Eichele, License Operations Manager at Kuka Robotics.
During this webinar, these experts will explore how the shift from manufacturer to service provider is redefining the traditional business model of the manufacturing world, and the reasons why manufacturers are making this shift. Register for your spot today to learn about the practical challenges of servitization within manufacturing, the types of services offered and the customer insights necessary to be successful in this new role. This is one event you won’t want to miss.
Edited by Alicia Young
Software Monetization eBooks
Featured Case Studies
- Apollo Communications Protects its Intellectual Property and Enforces Software Licensing with Gemalto Sentinel
- Cadac Group Cuts Operational Expenses & Gains Licensing Flexibility with Gemalto Sentinel
- Sentinel LDK Assures Revenue, Expands Licensing Flexibility, and Reduces System Management Costs for CAD Software Company
- Softing Industrial Automation Works with Gemalto Sentinel to Monetize the IoT
- Miko Maximizes Software Revenue & Reduces Operational Expenses with Gemalto Sentinel
- Xsens Technologies Streamlines Operations & Expands Revenue with Sentinel
- Structural Test and Monitoring Software Protected by Sentinel Integrated with NI LabVIEW
- Seize the IoT Opportunity
- Format International Replaces Inflexible Software Protection and Licensing Dongles with Sentinel LDK with EMS
- Envitrans Reduces Software Piracy & Expands Revenue with Sentinel LDK and Sentinel EMS Business Challenges
- Snell Protects Valuable IP and Streamlines Licensing Operations with Sentinel RMS & EMS
- Following Several Acquisitions, Sage Implements Sentinel RMS to Harmonize a Multitude of Disparate Licensing Systems- existing on site now
- With SafeNet Sentinel, AEOL Protects their Market-leading Training Software while Driving Back-office Efficiencies- existing on site now
Featured White Papers
- Frost & Sullivan - Penny Wise, Pound Foolish: The Fallacies of Choosing to Build vs Buy a Software Monetization System
- NEW! Frost & Sullivan - Competitive Analysis of the Software Licensing and Monetization Market
- NEW! IDC Cloud-Based Software Adoption Delivering Value to Customers
- Frost & Sullivan - Get Connected to Profit: Embracing Software Propels Growth in IoT Era
- More Variety with Less Cost: Using Software Features to Achieve Product Differentiation
- Monetizing the IoT: Show Me the Money: A Grey Heron white paper sponsored by Gemalto
- Cloud-Based Software Licensing - A THINKstrategies white paper: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitiveness
- Consolidating Software Licensing Technologies Post M & A: A survival guide for software publishers & intelligent device manufacturers
- 5 Tips for Software Monetization in the IoT
- IDC Supporting Software Business Transformation with Systems Designed for the Task
- How to Achieve a Cloud-Connected Experience Using On-Premise Applications
- IDC Meeting Customer and Business Needs in a Changing Market
- NEW! Cloud-Based Software Licensing: Enabling Operational Efficiency, Delighted Customers and Sustainable Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Pricing Model Flexibility as a Competitive Advantage
- NEW! Monetizing IoT - Show me the Money
- NEW! Monetization Strategies and Technologies to Future-proof Your Business